- The prevention or reduction of ice through the use of cold air saves costs for electricity and water, as the technology implemented in a cold air system enables more efficient operation.
- In addition, the cold air system must Be in operation only during concrete production, while an ice plant is usually in continuous operation for 24 hours to fill the ice store even during the downtimes of the concrete batching plant.
- Cold air systems from KTI are a sensible economic upgrade of existing concrete cooling systems instead of expansion with an ice plant or a chilled water plant.
- The use of cold air to lower the temperature of the aggregates before they are fed into the concrete mixer is the most energy-efficient way to cool concrete economically. This can improve overall efficiency by up to 30%.
- By incorporating a cold air system, the Overall system efficiency can be improved by up to 30 %.
- Is used in the for years proven KTI design Supplied in 40-foot or 20-foot container (stacked).
- Customer saves moneybecause cold air plant is in operation only during concrete production in contrast to ice plant.
- KTI Cold air systems are economically viable because customer needs less ice and thus saves electricity and water.
- KTI Cold air systems can reduce the concrete temperature reduce even further as shard or slab ice cream.
KTI - Insight
Combined with our air nozzles, all types of silos can be cooled. The plants are currently used in the production of ready-mixed concrete parts, ready-mixed concrete and in mass concrete, which shows the wide range of applications.
|Cooling capacity||100 - 1.200 kW|
|Refrigerant||Freon (R134a), ammonia (NH3)|
|Certification||CE, CSA, UL, others possible|
|Compressor||Screw compressor, semi-hermetic / open|
|Condenser||Evaporative condenser, air cooled|
|Evaporator||Stainless steel cooling coil|
|Operating mode||Dry expansion|
|Engine room||40-foot ISO container, or 2 x 20-foot ISO containers stacked|
|Power supply||400 V/50 Hz / 3 phases|
|Ambient temperature||max. 35°C (standard), max. 45°C (tropics)|
|Control||Siemens PLC, color touch screen|
|Execution||Standard or tropical|