- Operate 24/7
- Stackable on containerized ice storage
- Unmatched performance
- Low power consumption
- First-class components
- Ozone-friendly refrigerants
- From 10 to 100 tons/day
Containerized Flake Ice Plants FLIP
KTI flake ice plants are installed inside of 10, 20, 30 or 40-ft containers. The sizes vary from 10 to 100 tons daily capacity per unit.
Modular flake ice plants (consisting of 2 containers) can be manufactured up to a size of 200 tons per day.
All flake ice plants feature ice makers with non-rotating drums avoiding the danger of leakage through a shaft-seal.
The flake ice is harvested by ice removal tools on the inside of the drum. The optimum ice thickness is 1.5 mm, which guarantees the highest possible output and the fastest possible heat-exchange transfer to the product of mix. The flake ice is sub-cooled to approx. -7 °C, thus remaining crispy during storage and transportation.
Due to it’s specific surface, flake ice reduces the mixing time.
- Water pre-cooling
- Water-cooled condenser
- Fibre-glass cooling tower
- Ice maker with chrome-plated, carbon or stainless steel surface
- Steel base foundation
- Mobile ice storage
- Container insulation
- 60 cycles power supply
- Max air temperature: 60 °C
- Wet bulb temperature: 30 °C
- Water supply temperature: 5 °C
- Ice thickness: 1.5 to 2.5 mm
- Ice outlet temperature: -7 °C
- Refrigerant: Ozone-friendly Freon or Ammonia
- 60 Hz optional
- Electric Power supply:
- Any locally available voltage
- Phases: 3
- Frequency: 50 or 60 cycle
- Water supply: (2 bars -5 °C)
- Adequate foundations
- ISO container
- Air-conditioned machine room
- Flooded ice makers
- Stationary drums
- User friendly controls
- Colour touch screen panel
- Automatic oil return
- IP 55 motors (tropical execution)
About Flake Ice
Flake ice is small ice in flat pieces. It displays a large heat-exchange surface-area. Therefore it cools products faster.
Dry and sub-cooled at -7 °C, this kind of ice provides powerful cooling capacity. It is the most suitable kind of ice for most mixing processes such as, concrete cooling, pigment production, bakeries, sausage making. It shortens mixing times.
Flake ice is also used in the seafood industry, particularly in hot climates.
(More about flake ice benefits see Applications)
Variety of Flake Ice Makers
- With integrated surge drum
- Alternatively: with pumping systems (in bigger capacities)
- Freezing surface: carbon steel, chrome-plated or stainless steel