Three Cooling Stages
First cooling stage
Even under the most severe climatic conditions it is possible to cool water from practically any temperature down to 35 °C within an evaporative condenser without the use of a refrigeration compressor. Years of experience with concrete cooling equipment have shown that the water supply to a batching plant can reach temperatures of up to 45 °C during the summer, especially in the Gulf Countries.
This water is cooled down within the evaporative condenser to 35 °C, reducing the actual cooling capacity of the compressors by 25 %. Thus this refrigeration capacity of the first stage is free of charge.
Second cooling stage
Furthermore, it is much more efficient (by 25 %) to produce refrigeration capacity at an evaporation temperature of +7 °C than at 0 °C. Therefore the water is cooled from 35 °C to 12 °C in the heat exchanger of the second stage by the first compressor.
Third cooling stage
Then in the 3rd stage the water is cooled from 12 °C to 4 °C in the heat exchanger of the third stage by the second compressor.
Standard Execution (CCWP)
- One 20-ft or 40-ft ISO container, new, painted white, with air-conditioning, light and aluminium floor
- Two semi-hermetic piston or screw compressors
- One evaporative condenser with 2 circuits
- Two high efficiency shell-and-tube evaporators as water chillers
- Stainless steel panel with stainless steel gauges and pressure transmitters
- One water recirculation pump for sub-cooling
- Pressure control valve for freezing protection of evaporator no. 2
- Flow control with indication on PLC
- Switch and control board with PLC and touch panel visualisation
- Assembly, piping and wiring according to German regulations
- Pressure test in our factory
Requirements on Site (CCWP.4 and CIWP.4)
Water (2 bar pressure) and electric power supply, insulated cold water tank (with piping) and 2 strip foundations. Tanks available in containerized version for 57 m3 or inside prefabricated support frames for up to 150 m3.